In order to undergo cosmetic surgery in the stomach and belly area, it is essential that you follow a few important steps for safety. One of the most important requirements is to look for a good expert. But maybe you have doubts about which one is the most ideal. Therefore, here we explain how to choose the best tummy tuck surgeon.
Recommendations for choosing the best tummy tuck surgeon
Also known as abdominoplasty, this is an operation that aims to improve the appearance of the entire abdominal area. Choosing an excellent surgeon may seem daunting, or even generate anxiety, but it doesn’t have to. To start, you will want to focus on a few specific things that are going to help ensure not only wonderful but also safe results.
Once you have decided the steps to choosing the best tummy tuck surgeon, make sure you grab our Tummy Tuck Planner download to help you get started tracking everything for your journey!
Ask for Their Certification and Experience
Start by asking the doctor for his or her certification before the health authorities and plastic surgery societies or organizations. This will confirm that the doctor has the corresponding degree in this specialty.
You can examine where he/she and the team or personnel who will be operating on you graduated. It is also important that you check his experience in this field.
Try to answer the following questions:
- Is the doctor a board-certified plastic surgeon?
- Are they associated with any plastic surgery organizations or societies in a leadership position or role?
- How long have they been practicing?
- Where medical school did they attend?
- Did they do their residency at a hospital with a highly-rated plastic surgery program?
Not all quality surgeons are board-certified. There are many who may not fit into this category that would be more than capable of giving you the result you need safely. With every step of this process, remember that choosing the best tummy tuck surgeon for you is an individual choice.
Check Out Before and After Pictures
In addition to verifying the physician’s experience, it is essential that you verify that their surgical procedures have had good results. How do you confirm that he really has a high success rate in the operating room? One option is to ask for sample photographs.
Through them, you should see the before and after of the patients he has treated. Above all, focus on surgeries that have similarities to your case. Through these images, you will also observe the skills of the expert. When the results are positive, it is a good indication to select him/her.
Specifically, it is recommended to ask for images of patients with a similar body shape/size as your own who had the same procedures done. This will give you a way to gauge their ability to truly give you the results you desire.
Get Feedback From Former Patients
While this isn’t always a direct option, it is important that you see reviews and are able to find feedback. This can be done on websites such as Real Self or a group on Facebook or another social media that is dedicated to your particular surgical procedure. You will find patient reviews and information on a first-hand basis there.
Of course, another simple method is to look at Google reviews. Here you’ll often find important bits of information from patients. Ultimately, if you aren’t satisfied with what you see, you can move on to the next surgeon on your list.
Try to ask the patients the following questions:
- Are you happy with the final result?
- Was the doctor prompt in answering questions or concerns post-surgery?
- How many post-surgical visits were included with the procedure?
- Was the facility the surgery was done up to standards?
- Would you use them for another surgical procedure?
Finding the best tummy tuck surgeon includes research and asking some tough questions of yourself as well as the surgeon’s former patients.
Evaluate the Best Tummy Tuck Surgeon Cost and Distance From You
In order to choose a good specialist, it is necessary to evaluate the cost of the tummy tuck surgery. Do not select one just because they are cheap. It is preferable that you examine the above tips first and foremost. Analyze what they are offering you, according to the price you would be paying.
It is important to pay attention when making this decision, to the ultimate cost in the end. The list of things to consider below will help make your decisions easier.
- Is the cost shown all-inclusive? Does it include the cost of the facility, anesthesia, aftercare, and surgical assistants fees?
- How many post-op visits are included in this fee?
- Does the fee include any revisions if you are not happy with the result?
- Will this fee include post-surgical garments such as a faja, binder, or similar items?
You may find that a surgeon in a different area or state is much less expensive than a local surgeon. If that is the case, take the time to make sure you take into account travel expenses such as flights, gas, hotels, or even needing to stay for extended aftercare. You will even want to keep in mind that post-op visits will be another trip if you don’t plan to stay in the area for a length of time.
Check the Medical Center You Will Have Surgery At
Ultimately, the main thing to consider when you are trying to choose a tummy tuck plastic surgeon is the quality of the medical care you will receive. Try to make sure that the medical center where the surgery will be performed is recognized, endorsed, and certified.
This would include looking at many factors, but using Hospital Safety Grade as a source of information is a great choice. It will give you details of safety and any issues you may with the facility.
Some things to consider about a hospital or surgical facility:
- What is their mortality rate? Do they have a higher percentage of surgical deaths than other local facilities?
- Are they rated as a trauma center, or have advanced intensive care units for emergencies?
- What are patient reviews like for the facility?
- Is the equipment in the surgical center up to date and working functionally?
How to Choose a Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgeon
Doing a bit of homework will help keep you safe and happy with your procedure(s). Choosing the surgeon is the most important part of the process, as you will literally be putting your life in their hands. This surgical procedure is something to take time to prepare for, not only in your own physical body but in plans for the results and how your physician plays a part in the process.
- What Side Effects of Anesthesia Should I Expect?
- Signs of Infection After Surgery: What You Need to Know
- Supplies for After Tummy Tuck Surgery
- What is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
- How to Reduce Swelling After Surgery